No products in the cart.
Thyroid transcription factor-1 (TTF-1 antibody) is a member of the NKX2 family of homeodomain transcription factors. Studies show TTF-1 is expressed in epithelial cells of the thyroid gland and the lung. TTF-1 is detected in primary lung adenocarcinomas and small cell carcinomas. It is absent in mesotheliomas, colon cancer and breast cancer. Studies show a panel of TTF-1, Napsin A and p63 and CK5/6 can sub-classify poorly differentiated areas of non-small cell lung carcinomas. A TTF-1 + p40 cocktail has been reported to differentiate between primary lung squamous cell carcinomas from adenocarcinomas.
TTF-1 (Thyroid transcription factor-1)
Lung adenocarcinoma or thyroid
|Download Data Sheet
|Download RUO Data Sheet for International
|Download intelliPATH™ Data Sheet
|Download SDS Sheet
Regulatory Notice: Biocare’s IVD-labeled products comply with US-FDA and European IVDD regulation. Other regions may have additional requirements for such labeling, please contact your local distributor.
1. Di Loreto C, et al. TTF-1 protein expression in pleural malignant mesotheliomas
and adenocarcinomas of the lung. Cancer Lett 1998 Feb 13;124(1):73-78.
2. Di Loreto C, et al. Immunocytochemical expression of tissue specific transcription
factor-1 in lung carcinoma. J Clin Pathol 1997 Jan;50(1):30-32.
3. Stahlman MT, Gray ME, Whitsett JA. Expression of thyroid transcription factor-1
(TTF-1) in fetal and neonatal human lung. J Histochem Cytochem 1996 Jul;44(7):673
4. Bejarano PA, et al. Surfactant proteins and thyroid transcription factor-1 in
pulmonary and breast carcinomas. Mod Pathol 1996 Apr;9(4):445-452.
5. Fabbro D, et al. TTF-1 gene expression in human lung tumours. Eur J Cancer 1996
6. Holzinger A, et al. Monoclonal antibody to thyroid transcription factor-1:
production, characterization, and usefulness in tumor diagnosis. Hybridoma 1996
7. Center for Disease Control Manual. Guide: Safety Management, NO. CDC-22,
Atlanta, GA. April 30, 1976 “Decontamination of Laboratory Sink Drains to Remove
8. Clinical and Laboratory Standards Institute (CLSI). Protection of Laboratory
workers from occupationally Acquired Infections; Approved guideline-Third Edition
CLSI document M29-A3 Wayne, PA 2005.