No products in the cart.
Thyroglobulin antibody cocktail has been shown to react with human thyroglobulin, staining thyroglobulin in follicular epithelial cells as well as colloid tissue. Clones 2H11+ 6E1 have been shown to be useful in positive identification of both papillary and follicular types of thyroid carcinomas. Demonstration of thyroglobulin staining via immunohistochemistry in a metastatic lesion establishes the thyroid origin of the tumor. Poorly differentiated carcinomas of the thyroid are frequently thyroglobulin negative. Adenocarcinomas from a non-thyroid origin are not reactive.
Human, Mouse, Rat
IgG1 + IgG1
Cytoplasmic and colloid of follicles
Thyroid or thyroid carcinoma
1. Abrosimov A. Histologic and immunohistochemical characterization of medullary thyroid carcinoma. Arkh Patol; 1996 Jul;58(4):43-48.
2. Pastolero GC, Coire CI, Asa SL. Concurrent medullary and papillary carcinomas of thryroid with lymph nodemetastases. A collision phenomenon. Am J Surg Pathol. 1996 Feb;20(2):245-50.
3. Brasanac D, Jancic-Zgurics m, Jankovic R, Tatic S. Immunohistochemical analysis of malignant tumors of the thyroid gland using 6 relevant markers. Srp Arh Celok Lek, 1996 Mar;121(3-7) 70-73.
4. Ghali VS, Jimenez EJ, Garcia RL. Distribution of Leu-7 antigen (HNK-1) in thyroid tumors: its usefulness as a diagnostic marker for follicular and papillary carcinomas. Hum Pathol. 1992 Jan;23(1):21-25.
5. Harach HR, Franssila KO. Thyroglobulin immunostaining in follicular thyroid carcinoma: relationship to the degree of differentiation and cell type. Histopathology. 1988 Jul;13(1):43-54.
6. Shvero J, Gal R, Avidor I, Hadar T, Kessler E. Anaplastic thryoid carcinoma. A clinical, histologic and immunohistochemical study. Cancer. 1988 Jul 15;62(2):319-25.
7. Center for Disease Control Manual. Guide: Safety Management, NO. CDC-22, Atlanta, GA. April 30, 1976 “Decontamination of Laboratory Sink Drains to Remove Azide Salts.”
8. Clinical and Laboratory Standards Institute (CLSI). Protection of Laboratory workers from occupationally Acquired Infections; Approved guideline-Third Edition CLSI document M29-A3 Wayne, PA 2005.