No products in the cart.
SALL4 is required for the maintenance of embryonic stem cell pluripotency by modulating Oct4. Studies support SALL4 as a sensitive and specific marker for seminomas and ovarian primitive germ-cell tumors. Studies have demonstrated that over 90% of tumor cells in intratubular germ-cell neoplasias and embryonal carcinomas show strong SALL4 staining. In addition, 100% of 31 yolk sac tumors (5 pediatric and 26 postpubertal) showed strong positive SALL4 staining of tumor cells, but were negative for Oct4. SALL4 antibody is a promising pan germ-cell marker, with studies showing that it is superior to PLAP and Oct4 antibodies.
SALL4 (NP_065169, 954 a.a .~ 1054 a.a.) partial recombinant protein with GST tag.
|Download Oncore Protocol|
1. Cao D, et al. SALL4 is a novel sensitive and specific marker for metastatic germ cell tumors, with particular utility in detection of metastatic yolk sac tumors. Cancer. 2009 Jun 15; 115 (12): 2640-51.
2. Cao D, et al. SALL4 is a novel sensitive and specific marker of ovarian primitive germ cell tumors and is particularly useful in distinguishing yolk sac tumor from clear cell carcinoma. Am J Surg Pathol. 2009 Jun; 33(6): 894-904.
3. Cui W, et al. Differential expression of the novel oncogene, SALL4, in lymphoma, plasma cell myeloma, and acute lymphoblastic leukemia. Mod Pathol. 2006 Dec; 19 (12): 1585-92. Epub 2006 Sep 22.
4. Ma Y, et al. SALL4, a novel oncogene, is constitutively expressed in human acute myeloid leukemia (AML) and induces AML in transgenic mice. Blood. 2006 Oct 15; 108 (8): 2726-35. Epub 2006 Jun 8.
5. Center for Disease Control Manual. Guide: Safety Management, NO. CDC-22, Atlanta, GA. April 30, 1976 “Decontamination of Laboratory Sink Drains to Remove Azide Salts.”
6. National Committee for Clinical Laboratory Standards (NCCLS). Protection of laboratory workers from infectious diseases transmitted by blood and tissue; proposed guideline. Villanova, PA 1991;7(9). Order code M29-P.