No products in the cart.
Napsin A is expressed in type II pneumocytes and adenocarcinomas of the lung and kidney. Studies have shown Napsin A Rabbit Antibody to be superior to TTF-1 in sensitivity (87% vs. 64%) with a higher specificity (94.3% vs. 76.1%) for primary non-small cell lung adenocarcinoma. Napsin A is positive in some renal cell carcinomas and shows low expression in other neoplastic tissues such as ovarian cancers with different staining patterns than primary lung cancer (granular cytoplasmic staining). In studies comparing Napsin A and SP-A, Napsin A stained more tumor cells and a higher percentage of lung adenocarcinomas.
Human Napsin A
1. Mukhopadhyay S, Katzenstein AL. Subclassification of non-small cell lung carcinomas lacking morphologic differentiation on biopsy specimens: Utility of an immunohistochemical panel containing TTF-1, napsin A, p63, and CK5/6. Am J Surg Pathol. 2011 Jan; 35(1):15-25.
2. Bishop JA, Sharma R, Illei PB. Napsin A and thyroid transcription factor-1 expression in carcinomas of the lung, breast, pancreas, colon, kidney, thyroid, and malignant mesothelioma. Hum Pathol. 2010 Jan; 41(1):20-5. Epub 2009 Sep 8.
3. Jagirdar J. Application of immunohistochemistry to the diagnosis of primary and metastatic carcinoma to the lung. Arch Pathol Lab Med. 2008 Mar; 132(3):384-96.
4. Dejmek A, et al. Napsin A (TA02) is a useful alternative to thyroid transcription factor-1 (TTF-1) for the identification of pulmonary adenocarcinoma cells in pleural effusions. Diagn Cytopathol. 2007 Aug; 35(8):493-7.
5. Suzuki A, et al. Napsin A is useful to distinguish primary lung adenocarcinoma from adenocarcinomas of other organs. Pathol Res Pract. 2005; 201(8-9):579-86.
6. Center for Disease Control Manual. Guide: Safety Management, NO. CDC-22, Atlanta, GA. April 30, 1976 “Decontamination of Laboratory Sink Drains to Remove Azide Salts.”
7. National Committee for Clinical Laboratory Standards (NCCLS). Protection of laboratory workers from infectious diseases transmitted by blood and tissue; proposed guideline. Villanova, PA 1991;7(9). Order code M29-P.