Mucin 5AC

$164.00

Clear

Mucins are high molecular weight glycoproteins with 80% carbohydrate content and the remaining 20% consisting of a protein core. Mucin 5AC antibody (MUC5AC) is defined as a secretory-type mucin and is seen mainly in gastric foveolar cells. A study has suggested that MUC5AC expression is an early event in tumorigenesis. Another study indicates up-regulation of MUC5AC may be associated with carcinogenesis, malignant potential, progression and clinical behaviors in colorectal signet-ring cell carcinoma.

Intended Use

IVD

Species Reactivity

Human

Source

Mouse Monoclonal

Clone

45M1

Isotype

IgM

Antigen

MUC5AC

Localization

Cytoplasmic

Positive Control

Stomach

1. Fetsch PA, Abati A, Hijazi YM. Utility of the antibodies CA 19-9, HBME-1, and thrombomodulin in the diagnosis of malignant mesothelioma and adenocarcinoma in cytology. Cancer 1998 Apr 25;84 (2):101-8.
2. Ichihara T, Nagura H, Nakao A, Sakamoto J, Watanabe T, Takagi H. Immunohistochemical localization of CA 19-9 and CEA in pancreatic carcinoma and associated diseases. Cancer 1988 Jan 15;61(2):324-33.
3. Soslow RA, Rouse RV, Hendrickson MR, Silva EG, Longacre TA. Transitional cell neoplasms of the ovary and urinary bladder: a comparative immuno- histochemical analysis. Int J Gynecol Pathol 1996 Jul;15(3):257-65
4. Charpin C, Bhan AK, Zurawski VR Jr, Scully RE. Carcinoembryonic antigen (CEA) and carbohydrate determinant 19-9 (CA 19-9) localization in 121 primary and metastatic ovarian tumors: an immunohistochemical study with the use of monoclonal antibodies. Int J Gynecol Pathol 1982;1(3):231-45
5. Center for Disease Control Manual. Guide: Safety Management, NO. CDC-22, Atlanta, GA. April 30, 1976 “Decontamination of Laboratory Sink Drains to Remove Azide Salts.”
6. National Committee for Clinical Laboratory Standards (NCCLS). Protection of laboratory workers from infectious diseases transmitted by blood and tissue; proposed guideline. Villanova, PA 1991;7(9). Order code M29-P.

Reviews


There are no reviews yet.

Be the first to review “Mucin 5AC”