Desmoglin 3 (DSG3) is often highly expressed in various squamous cell carcinomas (SqCC). In studies of lung SqCC, DSG3 has demonstrated a sensitivity of 85-99% and an ability to discriminate lung adenocarcinoma with a specificity of 98-100%. Numerous studies have shown CK5/6 to be a sensitive marker for lung SqCC. Two sudies using a cocktail of DSG3 + CK5 antibody reported sensitivities of 93% and 100% for lung SqCC, with a specificity of 100% vs. lung adenocarcinoma. Studies have also shown that a DSG3 and CK5 cocktail provides superior sensitivity and specificity, compared to alternative markers for lung SqCC.
Datasheets & SDS
1. Savci-Heijink CD, et al. Am J Pathol. 2009 May; 174(5):1629-37.
2. Tacha D, et al. Appl Immunohistochem Mol Morphol. 2012 May; 20(3):201-7.
3. Tacha D, et al. Mod Pathol. 2011 Feb; 24 (Supplement 1s):425A.
4. Agackiran Y, et al. Appl Immunohistochem Mol Morphol. 2012 Jul; 20(4):350-5.
5. Mukhopadhyay S, et al. Am J Surg Pathol. 2011 Jan; 35(1):15-25.
6. Khayyata S, et al. Diagn Cytopathol 2009 Mar;37:178–83.
7. Terry J, et al. Am J Surg Pathol. 2010 Dec; 34(12):1805-11.
8. Brown AF, et al. Arch Pathol Lab Med. 2013 Jan 4. [Epub ahead of print]