No products in the cart.
Topoisomerase II alpha (Topo IIa) plays an important role in DNA synthesis and RNA transcription, as well as chromosomal segregation during mitosis. It is reported to be a sensitive and specific marker of late S-, G2- & M-phases in transformed and developmentally regulated normal cells. Topo IIa is also implicated in drug resistance of tumor cells and has been shown to be over-expressed in many human cancers. Decreased expression of Topo IIa is the predominant mechanism of resistance to several chemotherapeutic agents.
Topoisomerase II alpha
Cervix or tonsil
1. Gao XH, et al. DNA topoisomerase II alpha: a favorable prognostic factor in colorectal cancer. Int J Colorectal Dis. 2011 Nov 12.
2. Nikolényi A, et al. Tumor topoisomerase II alpha status and response to anthracycline-based neoadjuvant chemotherapy in breast cancer. Oncology. 2011; 80(3-4):269-77. Epub 2011 Jul 7.
3. Karnes RJ, et al. The ability of biomarkers to predict systemic progression in men with high-risk prostate cancer treated surgically is dependent on ERG status. Cancer Res. 2010 Nov 15; 70(22):8994-9002. Epub 2010 Nov 9.
4. Ferrandina G, et al. Prognostic role of topoisomerase-II alpha in advanced ovarian cancer patients. Br J Cancer. 2008 Jun 17; 98(12):1910-5. Epub 2008 May 27.
5. Kim EJ, et al. Clinical implications and prognostic values of topoisomerase-II alpha expression in primary non-muscle-invasive bladder cancer. Urology. 2010 Jun; 75 (6):1516.e9-13. Epub 2009 Nov 13.
6. Center for Disease Control Manual. Guide: Safety Management, NO. CDC-22, Atlanta, GA. April 30, 1976 “Decontamination of Laboratory Sink Drains to Remove Azide Salts.”
7. Clinical and Laboratory Standards Institute (CLSI). Protection of Laboratory Workers from Occupationally Acquired Infections; Approved guideline-Third Edition CLSI document M29-A3 Wayne, PA 2005.