The Ki-67 nuclear antigen is associated with cell proliferation. It is found throughout the cell cycle that includes the G1, S, G2, and M phases; but not the (G0) phase.
1. Key G, et al. New Ki-67-equivalent murine monoclonal antibodies (MIB 1-3) generated against bacterially expressed parts of the Ki-67 cDNA containing three 62 base pair repetitive elements encoding for the Ki-67 epitope. Lab Invest. 1993 Jun;68 (6):629-36.
2. Jansen RL, et al. MIB-1 labelling index is an independent prognostic marker in primary breast cancer. Br J Cancer. 1998 Aug; 78(4):460-5.
3. Goodson WH 3rd, et al. The functional relationship between in vivo bromodeoxyuridine labeling index and Ki-67 proliferation index in human breast cancer. Breast Cancer Res Treat. 1998 May; 49(2):155-64.
4. Center for Disease Control Manual. Guide: Safety Management, NO. CDC-22, Atlanta, GA. April 30, 1976 “Decontamination of Laboratory Sink Drains to Remove Azide Salts.”
5. Clinical and Laboratory Standards Institute (CLSI). Protection of Laboratory Workers from Occupationally Acquired Infections; Approved Guideline-Fourth Edition CLSI document M29-A4 Wayne, PA 2014.