No products in the cart.
Pan Cytokeratin [AE1/AE3] antibody recognizes the acidic and basic (Type I and II) subfamilies of cytokeratins. The cocktail of these two antibodies has been shown to detect in human epithelia. The acidic cytokeratins have molecular weights of 56.5, 55, 51, 50, 50, 48 46, 45 and 40 kDa. The basic cytokeratins have molecular weights of 65-67, 64, 59, 58, 56 and 52 kDa. In immunohistochemistry studies, this Pan Cytokeratin antibody has proven useful as a screener for the majority of human carcinomas.
Human, Mouse, Rat
Skin or adenocarcinoma
1. Bunton TE. The immunocytochemistry of cytokeratin in fish tissues. Vet Pathol. 1993 Sep; 30(5):418-425.
2. Sorensen SC, Asch BB, Connolly JL, Burstein NA, Asch HL. Structural distinctions among human breast epithelial cells revealed by the monoclonal antikeratin antibodies AEI and AE3. J Pathol. 1987 Oct; 153(2):151-162.
3. Pinkus GS, Etheridge CL, O’Connor EM. Are keratin proteins a better tumor marker than epithelial membrane antigen? A comparative immunohistochemical study of various paraffin-embedded neoplasms using monoclonal and polyclonal antibodies. Am J Clin Pathol. 1986 Mar; 85(3):269-277.
4. Pinkus GS, O’Connor EM, Etheridge CL, Corson JM. Optimal immunoreactivity of keratin proteins in formalin-fixed, paraffin-embedded tissue requires preliminary trypsinization. An immunoperoxidase study of various tumours using polyclonal and monoclonal antibodies. J Histochem Cytochem. 1985 May; 33(5):465-473.
5. Center for Disease Control Manual. Guide: Safety Management, NO. CDC-22, Atlanta, GA. April 30, 1976 “Decontamination of Laboratory Sink Drains to Remove Azide Salts.”
6. National Committee for Clinical Laboratory Standards (NCCLS). Protection of laboratory workers from infectious diseases transmitted by blood and tissue; proposed guideline. Villanova, PA 1991; 7(9). Order code M29-P.