No products in the cart.
Oct-3/4 [SEMGC] is a mouse monoclonal antibody that has been reported as a superb nuclear marker of classical seminoma and embryonal carcinoma. Oct-3/4 antibody has excellent sensitivity and specificity for these two tumors and can be effectively used as an aid to screen for these neoplasms when dealing with a metastatic tumor of unknown origin. Studies have shown Oct-3/4 antibody to have a high sensitivity and specificity for carcinoma in situ (CIS) gonadoblastoma and is also useful for the detection of CIS cells in semen.
1. de Jong J, et al. (2005) Diagnostic value of OCT3/4 for pre-invasive and invasive testicular germ cell tumours. J Pathol. 206(2):242-9.
2. Jones TD, et al. (2004) OCT4: A sensitive and specific biomarker for intratubular germ cell neoplasia of the testis. Clin Cancer Res.10(24):8544-7.
3. Hattab EM, et al. (2005) OCT4 immunohistochemistry is superior to placental alkaline phosphatase (PLAP) in the diagnosis of central nervous system germinoma. Am J Surg Pathol. (3):368-71.
4. Looijenga LH, et al. (2003) POU5F1 (OCT3/4) identifies cells with pluripotent potential in human germ cell tumors. Cancer Res. 63(9):2244-50.
5. Center for Disease Control Manual. Guide: Safety Management, NO. CDC-22, Atlanta, GA. April 30, 1976 “Decontamination of Laboratory Sink Drains to Remove Azide Salts.”
6. Clinical and Laboratory Standards Institute (CLSI). Protection of Laboratory Workers from Occupationally Acquired Infections; Approved guideline-Third Edition CLSI document M29-A3 Wayne, PA 2005.