No products in the cart.
Oct-2 is a transcription factor that binds to the immunoglobin gene octamer sites regulating B-cell specific genes. Oct-2 antibody protein expression is seen in germinal center B-cells and is greater in germinal center derived B-cell lymphomas. Studies suggest that morphologic and immunohistochemical studies can distinguish most cases of classic Hodgkin’s lymphoma (CHL) from its imitators. However, the differences in expression of BSAP, OCT-2, BOB.1 and the pan B-cell markers CD20, CD22 and CD79a may aid in distinguishing cases of CHL from nodular lymphocyte predominant Hodgkin’s lymphoma and diffuse large B-cell lymphomas.
Recombinant protein corresponding to 129 amino acids of the N-terminus of the human Oct-2 molecule.
Tonsil or lymph node
1. Slack GW, et al. Lymphocyte depleted Hodgkin lymphoma: an evaluation with
immunophenotyping and genetic analysis. Leuk Lymphoma. 2009 Jun;50(6):937-43.
2. McCune RC, et al. Expression profiling of transcription factors Pax-5, Oct-1, Oct-2,
BOB.1 and PU.1 in Hodgkin’s and non-Hodgkin’s lymphomas: a comparative study
using high throughput tissue microarrays. Mod Pathol. 2006 Jul; 19(7): 1010-8.
3. Garcia-Cosio M, et al. Analysis of transcription factor OCT.1, OCT.2 and BOB.1
expression using tissue arrays in classical Hodgkin’s Lymphoma. Mod Pathol. 2004;
4. Browne P, et al. The B-cell transcription factors BSAP, Oct-2, and BOB.1 and the
pan-B-cell markers CD20, CD22, and CD79a are useful in the differential diagnosis of
classic Hodgkin lymphoma. Am J. Clin Pathol. 2003; 120(5):767-77.
5. Re D, et al. Oct-2 and Bob-1 deficiency in Hodgkin and Reed Sternberg cells.
Cancer Res. 2001 Mar; 61(5):2080-4.
6. Center for Disease Control Manual. Guide: Safety Management, NO. CDC-22,
Atlanta, GA. April 30, 1976 “Decontamination of Laboratory Sink Drains to Remove
7. Clinical and Laboratory Standards Institute (CLSI). Protection of Laboratory
workers from occupationally Acquired Infections; Approved guideline-Third Edition
CLSI document M29-A3 Wayne, PA 2005.