No products in the cart.
SKU: 388 Categories: intelliPATH Antibodies, N, Oncore Antibodies, Primary Antibodies Tags: 388, CM 388, CM388, IPI 388, IPI388, OAI 388, OAI388, PM 388, PM388
Napsin A mouse antibody is expressed in type II pneumocytes and adenocarcinomas of the lung and kidney. Studies have shown Napsin A to be superior to TTF-1 in sensitivity (87% vs. 64%) with a higher specificity (94.3% vs. 76.1%) for primary non-small cell lung adenocarcinoma. Napsin A is positive in some renal cell carcinomas and shows low expression in other neoplastic tissues such as ovarian cancers with different staining patterns than primary lung cancer (granular cytoplasmic staining). In studies comparing Napsin A and SP-A, Napsin A stained more tumor cells and a higher percentage of lung adenocarcinomas.
Synthetic peptide of a part of the N-terminus of human Napsin A
1. Hirano T, Gong Y, Yoshida K, Kato Y, Yashima K, Maeda M, Nakagawa A, Fujioka K, Ohira T, Ikeda N, Ebihara Y, Auer G, Kato H. Usefulness of TA02 (Napsin A) to distinguish primary lung adenocarcinoma from metastatic lung adenocarcinoma. Lung Cancer. 2003 Aug; 41(2):155-62.
2. Ueno T, Linder S, Elmberger G. Aspartic proteinase napsin is a useful marker for diagnosis of primary lung adenocarcinoma. Br J Cancer. 2003 Apr 22; 88(8):1229-33.
3. Suzuki A, Shijubo N, Yamada G, Ichimiya S, Satoh M, Abe S, Sato N. Napsin A is useful to distinguish primary lung adenocarcinoma from adenocarcinomas of other organs. Pathol Res Pract. 2005;201 (8-9):579-86.
4. Dejmek A, Naucler P, Smedjeback A, Kato H, Maeda M, Yashima K, Maeda J, Hirano T. Napsin A (TA02) is a useful alternative to thyroid transcription factor-1 (TTF-1) for the identification of pulmonary adenocarcinoma cells in pleural effusions. Diagn Cytopathol. 2007 Aug;35(8):493-7.
5. Center for Disease Control Manual. Guide: Safety Management, NO. CDC-22, Atlanta, GA. April 30, 1976 “Decontamination of Laboratory Sink Drains to Remove Azide Salts.”
6. National Committee for Clinical Laboratory Standards(NCCLS). Protection of laboratory workers from infectious diseases transmitted by blood and tissue; proposed guideline. Villanova, PA 1991;7(9). Order code M29-P.