No products in the cart.
Cyclooxygenase-2 (COX-2 antibody) is an inducible enzyme involved in production of prostaglandins in inflammatory processes. Given its role in synthesizing prostaglandins, COX-2 is of interest when studying immune response regulation. COX-2 is induced by a wide variety of stimuli and was initially identified as an immediate-early growth response gene. There is now increasing evidence that a constitutive expression of COX-2 plays a role in development and progression of malignant epithelial tumors. In studies, COX-2 positive patients had a lower overall survival rate than COX-2 negative patients.
Human, Mouse, Rat
Breast, colon or lung carcinoma
1. Peng L, et al. PLoS One. 2013; 8(3):e58891. Epub 2013 Mar 20.
2. Pan J, et al. Head Neck. 2012 Sep 13. [Epub ahead of print].
3. Laga AC, Zander DS, Cagle PT. Arch Pathol Lab Med. 2005 Sep; 129(9):1113-7.
4. Soumaoro LT, et al. Clin Cancer Res. 2004 Dec; 10(24):8465-71.
5. Wang W, Bergh A, Damber JE. Prostate. 2004 Sep; 61(1):60-72.
6. Boland GP, et al. Br J Cancer. 2004 Jan; 90(2):423-9.