No products in the cart.
High molecular weight cytokeratins are expressed in a variety of normal and neoplastic epithelial tissues (1). In prostate, CK HMW [34βE12] has been shown to be a useful marker of basal cells of normal glands and prostatic intraepithelial neoplasia (PIN), a precursor lesion to prostatic adenocarcinoma; whereas invasive prostatic adenocarcinoma typically lacks a basal cell layer (2,3).
p63, a homolog of the tumor suppressor p53, has been identified in proliferating basal cells in the epithelial layers of a variety of tissues, including epidermis, cervix, urothelium and prostate (4). p63 was detected in nuclei of the basal epithelium in normal prostate glands; however, it was not expressed in malignant tumors of the prostate (5).
Studies have shown that combinations of CK HMW [34βE12] and p63 may be useful in the evaluation of normal prostate glands, PIN and prostatic adenocarcinoma (6,7). CK HMW + p63, 2X is provided as a concentrated antibody cocktail suitable for the addition of other primary antibodies desired by the user. A 2-fold dilution of CK HMW + p63, 2X is intended to create a ready-to-use antibody cocktail for use on the ONCORE Automated Slide Stainer.
|Dimensions||1 x 1 x 1 in|
CKHMW [34BetaE12], p63
1. Moll R, et al. The catalog of human cytokeratins: patterns of expression in normal
epithelia, tumors and cultures cells. Cell. 1982 Nov; 31(1):11-24.
2. Bostwick DG, Qian J. High-grade prostatic intraepithelial neoplasia. Mod Pathol.
2004 Mar; 17(3):360-79.
3. Humphrey PA. Diagnosis of adenocarcinoma in prostate needle biopsy tissue. J Clin
Pathol. 2007 Jan; 60(1):35-42.
4. Yang A, et al. p63, a p53 homolog at 3q27–29, encodes multiple products with
transactivating, death-inducing, and dominant-negative activities. Mol Cell. 1998 Sep;
5. Signoretti S, et al. p63 is a prostate basal cell marker and is required for prostate
development. Am J Pathol. 2000 Dec; 157(6):1769-75.
6. Shah RB, et al. Comparison of the basal cell-specific markers, 34betaE12 and p63,
in the diagnosis of prostate cancer. Am J Surg Pathol. 2002 Sep; 26(9):1161-8.
7. Shah RB, et al. Usefulness of basal cell cocktail (34betaE12 + p63) in the diagnosis
of atypical prostate glandular proliferations. Am J Clin Pathol. 2004 Oct; 122(4):517
8. Center for Disease Control Manual. Guide: Safety Management, NO. CDC-22,
Atlanta, GA. April 30, 1976 “Decontamination of Laboratory Sink Drains to Remove
9. Clinical and Laboratory Standards Institute (CLSI). Protection of Laboratory
workers from occupationally Acquired Infections; Approved guideline-Third Edition
CLSI document M29-A3 Wayne, PA 2005.